Effective Date: January 1, 2023
If you are a California resident, please be sure to review Section 17B. California Residents for important information about the categories of personal information we collect and disclose as well as your rights under California privacy laws.
1. SCOPE OF OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Former, current, and prospective clients, brokers, independent agents, and
- Other individuals who use our Services, whose personal information we receive related to the Services, or who otherwise interact or communicate with us related to our Services or our business.
2. OUR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, we collect your personal information on a voluntary basis. However, if you decline to provide certain personal information that is marked mandatory, you may not be able to access certain Services or we may be unable to fully respond to your inquiry.
We may collect personal information directly from individuals, automatically related to the use of the Services, and in some cases, from third parties (such as social networks, platform providers, payment processors, data providers, and operators of certain third-party services that we use). In some cases (such as where required by law), we ask for your consent or give you certain choices prior to collecting or using certain personal information.
Information we collect directly.
- We collect information that you provide to us, such as:
When you create an account, provide contact information, or send other personal information to us.
- When you complete or submit a form through our Services, for example, “Contact Us” or “More Information” forms.
- When you participate in surveys or contests, submit orders or requests, or register for or use our Services, or otherwise contact us.
- Information you submit or provide such as real estate searches and preferences, whether you plan on buying or selling real estate, home search criteria, information about financing for the purchase of real estate, and other information related to the purchase or sale of real estate.
Information we collect from third parties. We may collect or receive personal information about you and your property from third-party sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected), brokers and affiliated agents, and other real estate professionals, and third parties.
- Social media. If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Services account with a social media service (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), or if you engage with a separate app or website that communicates with the Services, we may receive personal information about you or your connections from that service. In many cases you can control what personal information you share with us through privacy settings available on those third-party social media services.
- Real estate professionals. If you interact or list a property with a broker, independent agent, or other real estate professional associated with an Anywhere brand, we may receive personal information about you and your property from them, such as your name and property address, listing and contact information, among other things. These real estate professionals may be affiliated with independently owned and operated brokerages, or with an Anywhere company.
- Property records. We may collect information about individuals and real estate property through public databases, such as property ownership and tax records maintained by state, local and county agencies.
3. PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS FOR OUR PROCESSING
Certain laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), UK and Brazil data protection law, and similar laws require that we inform applicable individuals of the legal basis for our use and other processing of their personal information. In this section, we described the purposes for which will collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal information, as well as the legal bases for such processing, generally, under such privacy laws.
Legal bases under certain privacy laws. Pursuant to the GDPR, UK and Brazil data protection law, and similar laws we collect, use and otherwise process personal information for the following legal bases:
- Performance of contract: as necessary to enter into or carry out the performance of our contract with you.
- Compliance with laws: for compliance with legal obligations and/or defense against legal claims, including those in the area of labor and employment law, social security, data protection, tax, and corporate compliance laws.
- Our legitimate interests: in furtherance of our legitimate business interests including, for example:
- Performance of contracts with franchisees and other parties
- Implementation and operation of global support (e.g., IT) services for our business operations
- Customer relationship management and improving our Services, including marketing and analytics
- Marketing and advertising
- Fraud prevention, including misuse of company IT systems or money launderingPhysical, IT, and network perimeter security
- Internal investigations
- Mergers, acquisitions, and reorganization, and other business transactions
- With your consent: in some cases, we rely on your consent to collect and process your personal information. (See Section 17A below for information about withdrawing your consent.)
In addition, we may process your personal information where necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual.
Purposes of processing. While the purposes for which we may process personal information will vary depending upon the circumstances, in general we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process personal information for the purposes set forth below, as well as the legal basis for such processing, as applicable under relevant laws (see above for further explanation of these legal bases):
- Providing support and services: including, for example, to send or facilitate communications among you, independent real estate professionals and our affiliated entities, and other users of the Services, provide products and services you request (and send related information), operate our Services; to communicate with you about your access to and use of our Services; to respond to your inquiries; to provide troubleshooting, fulfill your requests and provide technical support; and for other customer service and support purposes. (Legal basis: performance of our contract with you; and our legitimate interests)
- Analyzing and improving our business: including to better understand how users access and use our Services, to evaluate and improve our Services and business operations, and to develop new features, offerings, and services; to conduct surveys, and other evaluations, such as customer satisfaction surveys; and for other research and analytical purposes. (Legal basis: our legitimate interests)
- Personalizing content and experiences: including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, and referrals; tailor content we send or display on our Services; to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions; and to otherwise personalize your experiences. (Legal basis: our legitimate interests and/or with your consent)
- Advertising, marketing and promotional purposes: including to reach you with more relevant ads and to evaluate, measure, and improve the effectiveness of our ad campaigns; to send you newsletters, offers, or other information we think may interest you; to contact you about our Services or information we think may interest you; and to administer promotions and contests. (Legal basis: our legitimate interests and/or with your consent)
- Securing and protecting our business: including to protect and secure our business operations, assets, Services, network and information and technology resources; to investigate, prevent, detect and take action regarding fraud, unauthorized access, situations involving potential threats to the rights or safety of any person or third party, or other unauthorized activities or misconduct. (Legal basis: our legitimate interests and/or compliance with laws)
- Defending our legal rights: including to manage and respond to actual and potential legal disputes and claims, and to otherwise establish, defend or protect our rights or interests, including in the context of anticipated or actual litigation with third parties. (Legal basis: our legitimate interests and/or compliance with laws)
- Planning and facilitating business transactions: related to any actual or contemplated merger, acquisition, asset sale or transfer, financing, bankruptcy or restructuring of all or part of our business. (Legal basis: our legitimate interests and/or compliance with laws)
- Auditing, reporting, corporate governance, and internal operations: including relating to financial, tax and accounting audits; audits and assessments of our operations, privacy, security and financial controls, risk, and compliance with legal obligations; and our general business, accounting, record keeping and legal functions. (Legal basis: our legitimate interests and/or compliance with laws)
- Complying with legal obligations: including to comply with the law, our legal obligations and legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and regulatory or law enforcement requests. (Legal basis: our legitimate interests and/or compliance with laws)
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose the personal information we collect to third parties, as reasonably necessary for the purposes described above and as otherwise directed or consented to by you, including:
- Service providers: to third-party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, and customer service and support providers.
- Third parties: to third parties in order to provide our Services, respond to or carry out your requests, and/or with your consent, including to:
- Independent real estate professionals and owners and operators of real estate brokerage companies to enable them to provide services you request through the Services.
- Third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us.
- The public if you submit to a public part of the Services, such as comments, social media posts, or other features viewable by the public or generally by registered users of the Services.
- Third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with the Services, or those with Services with which we integrate.
- Third parties we work with to provide you with more personalized content and ads, and to track the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Business transfers: as part of any actual or contemplated merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition, financing or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy or similar event; and prior to the completion of such a transfer, where necessary for due diligence or to plan for the transfer, such as to lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, such attorneys and consultants, where permitted by law.
- Legally required: where we are required to do so by law or legal process (e.g., to law enforcement, courts or others, or in response to a subpoena or court order).
Protect our rights: where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with
- legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients and customers or others. including personal information, related to litigation and other legal claims or proceedings in which we are involved, as well as for our internal accounting, auditing, compliance, recordkeeping, and legal functions.
5. AGGREGATE AND NON-IDENTIFIABLE DATA
We may also use and disclose aggregate, anonymous, and other non-identifiable data related to our business and the Services for quality control, analytics, research, development and other purposes. Where we use, disclose or process de-identified data (data that is no longer reasonably linked or linkable to an identified or identifiable natural person, household, or personal or household device) we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and not to attempt to reidentify the information, except as permitted by applicable privacy laws (such as to confirm whether our deidentification processes are reasonable and adequate).
6. COOKIES, TRACKING, AND ANALYTICS
Our Services may use first party and third-party cookies, pixel tags, plugins, and other tools to gather device, usage and browsing information when users visit our Services. For instance, when you visit our Services, our server may record your IP address (and associated location information) and other information such as the type of your internet browser, your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and the pages you view and links you select on the Services, as well as date and time stamps associated with your usage of and activities on our Services.
We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to improve, analyze and optimize our Services and their functionality, to personalize and improve your experience while using the Services, to improve and measure our advertising campaigns, and to better reach users with relevant advertising both on our Services and on third party websites.
Click “Cookie Preferences” link in the footer of our Website for more information about cookies on that Website, and to review and update your preferences for most types of cookies (other than those that are necessary to the functionality of that Website).
If you have disabled one or more cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies before your disabled preference was set. However, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
Pixel tags and other similar technologies.Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Websites to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Websites (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Websites and response rates. We and our service providers may also use pixel tags in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, track whether our emails are forwarded, and conduct analytics.
Log files.Most browsers collect certain information, such as your IP address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. This information is gathered automatically and stored in log files.
Browser signals.Please note that our Websites do not recognize or respond to browser “do-not-track” requests or other browser privacy signals. However, you can review and update your cookie preferences on our Websites as discussed above.
7. INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
You can review and manage your preferences for targeting cookies and get information about to targeting cookies in use on one of our Websites by clicking “Cookie Settings” in the footer of our website.
You may also obtain more information about targeted or “interest-based advertising” and opt-out of many ad networks at the industry websites below:
8. SOCIAL FEATURES AND THIRD-PARTY PLUG-INS
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you log in to the Services or share actions you take on the Services. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
9. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Corcoran Prestige Realty is headquartered in Houston, Tx in the United States and has affiliates and service providers in multiple jurisdictions. As such your personal information may be transferred to the United States and other jurisdictions where we or our service providers have operations, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such jurisdictions upon transfer. Some of these jurisdictions—including the United States—may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. In such cases, we rely on suitable personal information transfer safeguards. You may request a copy or information about those safeguards by contacting us as detailed below.
We use technical, administrative, and physical controls in place to help protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Even so, despite our efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable. In the event that the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us in accordance with Section 16. Contact Us.
11. DATA RETENTION
12. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Marketing. You may opt out from receiving marketing-related communications from us on a going-forward basis by contacting us or by using the unsubscribe mechanism contained in each email. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
Cookies preferences. To review and update your preferences for most types of cookies (other than those that are necessary) for one of our Websites, Click “Cookie Preferences” link in the footer of that Website.
Deactivation. You can deactivate your account at any time by contacting us at the email address at the bottom of this page. However, you will not be able to access many of the services to deactivate your account. Please note that even if you request deactivation of your account, it may take some time to fulfill this request.
Access, amendment and deletion. Under applicable privacy laws, you may have the right to request to review, make amendments, have deleted or otherwise exercise your rights over your personal information that we hold, subject to certain legal limitations and requirements.
If you are subject to such a privacy law, you may submit a request to us related to your personal information:
- By submitting an email request to us at email@example.com
- By contacting us at (888) 778-6995 (toll-free)
We will process in accordance with and where required by applicable law, and with respect to your personal information that is linked or linkable to the email that you use to send us your request and the verifiable information provided by you as a part of your request. We will take steps to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
The Services are not intended or directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information, or knowingly track the use of our Services, from children. If we have actual knowledge that personal information about a child under 16 years old has been collected, then we will take appropriate steps to try and delete such personal information.
14. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
15. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
You may also opt out of targeted advertising via on one of our Websites, by clicking the “Cookie Settings” link on our website and turning off targeting (advertising) cookies. (See Section 12. Your Rights and Choices, for additional information about the privacy choices we provide and how to exercise them.) We will respond to your request as required under the applicable privacy law(s). If we deny your request, you may appeal our decision by submitting a request through our web form.